Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun in the Sun/Summertime Party

I was recently contacted by an avid reader asking if I planned to subject my blog to a post related to an "End of the Summer Soiree/Labor Day Party". Seeing as I love any reason to host a get together, I thought I would show you some inviting ideas to make a backyard BBQ special to your guests and your very own.
Starting out, I found a fabulous new idea via the wonderful internet that you can create custom paper-like invitations, but online--way better than Evite {my opinion obviously!}, Paperless Post has so many fun invitations...especially if you're throwing a last-minute get together or want to make it a bit more cost effective, but still want the look and feel of an invitation... love it! Here are some of my favorites!

After your guest list is set and your "themed" invitations have gone out, the next step is to strategize your decor, food, drinks, and overall ambiance for the festivities... with summer parties galore, it's so easy to find colorful and fun entertaining supplies and ideas via your local party store or fabulous online boutiques: 
Ideas via The Party Dress
Don't forget to check out some of my favorite sites and blogs for perfect summer recipes...the step-by-step instructions are fool-proof and easy and your guests will be begging for the recipes!
Happy Summer Entertaining friends!! And can I just add that this makes me even more excited for fall seeing as tailgating parties are a MUST for my friends and family =)

1 comment: